Nick was 7yrs. old when he became a member of the Junior S.L.S.C. Kingfishers and from then on he has gone from strength to strength gaining awards the most important being 100% Patrol Proficiency during his entire membership.
A short snippet of Nick’s contribution to Kiama Surf Club and the surfing public.
- Kiama Surf Life Saving Club Junior of the Year 1994-95
- South Coast Branch S.L.S.C. prestigious U18 Junior Lifesaver of the Year Award1994-95
- Bronze Medallion 1997
- Gold Medal for Surf Life Saving to Nick McInerney. 1996-97 The Gold Medallion is the highest award achievable in Surf Life Saving and only one other member of our club has been awarded this medal – Justin McMillan 1995
- Boxing Day 1998 Chief Instructor, Nick McInerney said that an astonishing 28 people had to be rescued from the water.“Problems started when the tide changed and surfers did not take notice to “Swim between the Flags”
- 2000 N.S.W. Volunteer Lifesaver of the Year Award after receiving the same award at club and branch levels.
- 2002 Australia Day and Municipal Achievement Awards, Murray McMillan 51, won the Citizens Award while Nick, 23 was granted the Young Citizen Award.
- Nick was President at the Centenary Celebrations which was a major event 2008
For Nick, who has worked tirelessly in all area including Jet Rescue, Training Officer, Carnival Organiser, Patrol Captain, Secretary, Publicity Officer, Treasurer and President and still serving as a Member of Kiama Surf Life Saving Club is certainly a well deserved recipient of Life Membership.