It is a Kiama tradition to start nippers when it’s overcast and possibly raining. The Sunday forecast suggests the tradition continues! Fortunately the surf forecast looks very promising for plenty of water activities.
All ages start together at 9.45 on Sunday. If you need to buy nippers gear, the shop will be open at the front of the club from 9.15am Please be there early.
A few reminders
Check In & Out
- Check In – Nippers to sit in front of age flags for check in by Age Manager
- Check Out – Only back in front of flags and only by the Age Manager directly to parents. Please don’t take your kids without signing them out back at the flags. This is critical for our accountability to you.
COVID rules still apply
- No one inside the club, except Nippers Committee, Age Managers and Water Safety.
- Parents, please sign in using the QR code.
- Latest COVID info: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules/fully-vaccinated
- To support kids on the beach at a minimum you require a Working With Children Certificate.
- Please assist us by applying online here: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-working-children-check.
- Nippers is the time to engage on the beach. Coffee is for before or after nippers 🙂
- For kids who have not done the proficiency, there will be another session from 4pm – 5pm on Saturday 6th at Black Beach Rock Pool.
Looking forward to getting started! See you on Sunday.