Nippers will be commencing on 7 November. Please see details below for latest information as of 26 October 2021.
We wanted to thank you for your patience and support over the past few months while we have waited for the COVID-19 situation to unfold. NSW Government continues to ease restrictions since NSW has hit the 80% double vaccination target and beyond.
What does this mean for the Kiama Kingfishers SLSC 2021/2022 Nipper season?
We are excited to announce that the Kingfishers Nipper season will start on 7th November this year.
ALL nippers to now commence at 9.45am
Water Proficiencies to be run on Sunday 31st October at Black Beach Ocean Pool.
Ages U6, U7, U8, U9, U10: 9am – 10am
Ages U11, U12, U13, U14: 10.10am – 11am
To comply with NSW Government COVID-19 Health Order regarding community sport, all parent/guardians over the age of 16 must be double vaccinated, until restrictions are lifted, which is expected to happen on December 1st. If for any reason you are unable to comply, please join us after December 1st or if restrictions are lifted sooner.
We are asking all parents to support us to meet Government requirements and stay COVID Safe by:
- Registering online (if you haven’t already)
- Staying at home if you or your child have any COVID-19 symptoms or are unwell
- Ensuring that you check in using the QR code when attending Nippers to assist with contact tracing
- Maintaining physical distancing while spectating, both in and around the clubhouse and on the beach.
- To maintain the restricted numbers of 200 participants we ask that only one parent/guardian be present with Nipper. Water safety/Age Managers and parents will be included in the restricted numbers and cannot cross over to other groups.
- Bringing your own sunscreen, water bottles and towels to avoid sharing
- Where possible, showering and getting dressed at home
Interested in helping out this season?
Like last season, only qualified members are able to support the delivery of Nippers. Trained Age Managers, Water Safety and beach support team members will help us ensure that nippers are kept safe both in the water and on the beach.
As always we would love for more people to join the team! If you would like to find out a bit more about becoming an Age Manager or joining our Water Safety or beach support team, please let me know and I can share our upcoming course dates.
We are committed to keeping all members of the club safe, and we thank you for your support and understanding in these changing times.